Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Survived Until Naptime...

I really didn't accomplish too terribly much this morning, other than surviving until naptime! I thought I better pay the bills. While sitting on hold I got the supplies together to clean the guest bathroom as my brother and sister-in-law are coming this weekend. Then a real person came on the line. About 5 seconds later, I realized that Jessica had poured all of the comet (that I had left on the counter in the bathroom) all over the couch!!! (I had been planning to switch to baking soda when I ran out of comet anyway.) Of course I had to hang up and shake all of the comet into the tub, shut the bathroom door, dustbust up the rest of the comet, and finally take a wet rag to the couch. At least she didn't eat it! All of this while she was watching her favorite video, which I thought would be a great distraction to allow me to get caught up on one of two things.

After this I got smart and strapped her in her chair with some yogurt, a spoon, and her favorite video on. Are you seeing a trend to this morning??? I managed to get the dishes caught up (which was a major feat....you have NO idea!) and in the meantime Jessica covered herself in yogurt. It was about this time that she started shrieking about everything!! She didn't get a good nap yesterday so that probably had a lot to do with it. We took a shower, and I put her down for her nap. Now I think I need to go take a short nap!!!

This is definitely one of those days where I do not feel that I am at my best. However, if I really sit back and think about it, I should realize that it's really been a pretty good morning all things considered! Jessica was tired from the long weekend with Daddy. I was tired from the long weekend too! I did get a few critical things caught up on this morning. Jessica did not eat anything dangerous or hurt herself this morning. Overall, she had a good time this morning until an hour before she went down for a nap. I guess it comes down to what your expectations are.....I think I am going to try and set mine really, really low for the rest of this week!!

1 comment:

  1. Just so y'all know.....she did not actually take a nap today.....or yesterday.... I am really hoping this is not a lasting trend!

    ReplyDelete