Monday, December 7, 2009

Our Tree Skirt


For the first several years we were married, I artfully draped leftover fabric under our tree as a skirt. Last year however I had a brainstorm! We had received a lovely table topper one year as a Christmas gift, but it just never looked right on our tables. So, last year I took out the scissors, made a cut from one corner to the center, serged the edges, and put it under the tree! I really like how it turned out!! I was going to turn the serged edges under and hem it, but I still haven't gotten around to it yet....maybe next year.....nahh! I would have included a picture of the tree. However, I have had lots of little kids over to the house recently, and I have been letting them redecorate the lower half of the tree (I only put soft or plastic ornaments on the bottom half). On Christmas Eve I intend on setting it right so it will be beautiful when we take pictures Christmas morning!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. I'm doing the same thing with our tree on Christmas Eve as well!

    ReplyDelete