Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

It seems like everyone and their brother has been talking about New Year's Resolutions for the last several days. I used to love coming up with a list of New Year's Resolutions and looking back at old lists to see how far I had come. However, recently I have found more joy in celebrating who I am! Even my "negative" traits have positives. For example, while I was seen in school as inattentive, hyperactive, impulsive, etc, I was also seen as a very energetic, fun, and creative Sunday School teacher. God gave me all of my traits both "good" and "bad," and they can be used for both positive and negative purposes. I don't need to change anything about me; I just need align myself with my Maker's purpose.

That being said, my New Year's Resolution is to watch every single Star Trek: The Next Generation episode in order! I completed my collection of all 7 seasons this Christmas.....Yes, I know I am a dork......No that's not really my New Year's Resolution, I don't have one remember? But seriously, I am going to go start watching them in order!! It is the best way to fold laundry!!

In all seriousness, David and I have a lot to be thankful for this past year and a lot we are looking forward to this next year. I also have several exciting changes coming to this blog in the near future! Expect the first tidbit tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment