Sunday, August 23, 2009

Money Saving Monday: Mending

My mother says I have an awesome hand-stitch. She has had me repair rips in her upholstery before. Amazingly enough, you really can't tell where the rips are! As tiny as my hand-stitch is though, I do not like doing the mending! I like to create something new not repair something old! Where is the creativity in that? However, mending something you already own is much cheaper than buying something new. Therefore, I have devised a plan to make mending more bearable! We take four trips a year to see family, which is a 9 hour drive one way. While my daughter is playing with her toys in the backseat, and my husband is listening to talk radio, lectures, and music, I mend our clothes! It has worked out perfectly for me because it gives me something to do with my hands, and I can discuss with my husband whatever he is listening to! It also frees up the precious time that I am not trapped in a car for 9 hours at a time to get other things accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment