Friday, August 7, 2009

Front Porch Friday: Life in the Fast Lane

Welcome to our Front Porch! Every Friday, I invite you to sit on our Front Porch and see what life is really like at our house!


It feels like our family has been in fast forward mode for the last month, especially the last several weeks! First we found out we were pregnant. Then I was on bed rest with a very busy 1.5 year old! Then last week we lost the baby. Last week was very difficult for me. Jessica and I spent a lot of time together, just the two of us, enjoying fun morning outings. In the afternoons and evenings, I just about finished cleaning the house from top to bottom and started cleaning out all of my husband's stuff and assigning him "Honey Do" projects. If he was unable to complete the project when I felt it needed to be done by then I burst into tears, and sometimes I just burst into tears for no good reason at all! David obviously had a difficult last week as well!

This week seems to mark the beginning of healing and moving forward. Monday I got my blood work done, and the doctor said I would not have to have any procedures done. My friend Kami, down the street, and her daughter River, took us to the doctor's office, and afterwards we celebrated by going to lunch at Cracker Barrel and shopping! I am not a big shopper; however, Kami managed to find a lovely long brown skirt that I loved at Charlotte Russe for $5! The rest of the week, I filled with Zoo Tots, Mommy Dance Class, swimming, visiting a friend in Orange Beach, and dinner with some friends in my neighborhood. I think all of this made for way better therapy than seeing a couselor!!!! (not that I am against counselors...this way is just way more fun!)

I also found out that the place that offers the Mommy Dance Class is going to be offering a Mommy and Me dance class for 2 years! They said that 1.5 year olds were welcome too! Jessica and I are up for anything that involves moving!!! We don't believe in sitting still for a moment! Speaking of which, I also realized this week how very much my daughter is like me. I have concluded that I am going to have to be very creative in my parenting to help her learn without frustrating her and to help her see how special she is despite the fact that she does not seem to follow the norm. It made me feel better to realize that she is just unique and that I am not missing something in my parenting....so I celebrated with a glass of wine, yummy bread, and Enya! (It doesn't take much to make me happy....though that may be because I have about as short of an attention span as my daughter!)

David left today for the AIAA conference in Chicago. I was a little nervous this morning about him leaving because I have come to depend on him so much over the past two years (moving away from family, not being able to do much while pregnant, having a hard time making friends because I couldn't get out much, finding a church, not working for the first time ever, getting melanoma, out patient surgeries, the miscarriage, etc). However, things seem to be going just fine.

My parents are across the sound at the beach this weekend so we are spending time with them, and Christopher, a guy we went to school with and works with David, will be staying with us until David gets home. We have had teenagers banging on our door in the middle of the night and there have been a series of break-ins, etc around the neighborhood, so Christopher offered to keep an eye on me and Jessica while David is gone. (I am a really really heavy sleeper and would probably not wake up until it was too late to do anything about it.) Hopefully while David is gone I will be able to stay busy and when he returns life will slow down a tad for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment