Thursday, June 4, 2009

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

We have a dishwasher, but it doesn't work very well. Typically I wash all of our dishes by hand and use our dishwasher as a giant dish drainer. Periodically, when it gets full, I run it more for sterilization purposes than anything. Recently, I discovered that I had run out of dishwasher detergent and found a great recipe for powdered dishwasher detergent on Thrifty Fun. It worked really well, and it uses ingredients we typically keep around our house!


You put equal parts of baking soda and borax in the soap dispenser in your dishwasher. (You can keep this premixed in a container.) Then sprinkle a little Fruit Fresh on top. (You should NOT add this to a premixed batch as it might cause it to get chunky.)


Then turn on your dishwasher! I have been very pleased with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment