Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Haircuts

I am sorry, but I only have a picture of my daughter getting her hair cut. I don't think David would appreciate modeling for my blog!


I cut all of the hair in our house. David used to wait and get his haircut when we went home to visit; however, as those trips got farther and farther apart he decided to let me trim his hair. Apparently, he thought I did a good job because now he refuses to see anyone else! I think the important thing to remember when cutting hair is to start out slow with a little trim. As you become more accustom to how the person's hair behaves, you can take a few more risks.

Another thing to consider is the shape of the individual's head. When I first cut my daughter's hair, I didn't have a lot of options because she didn't have much hair to begin with! My goal was just to shape it up. However, I noticed after trimming her hair that she has an incredibly round face! I started searching on the internet for complimentary haircuts for people with round faces and concluded that the best thing to do would be to let her hair grow out (while occasionally trimming it to keep it even) and eventually layer it as it grows thicker.


One final thing I have learned from cutting all of the hair at our house is that cutting your own hair is very difficult! I am still trying to decide what to do with my own hair. For now it is fine as a bob with a headband, but I don't think I will stick with that look. I am also not certain that I will continue cutting my own hair. I'll have to let you know what I decide to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment