Monday, August 9, 2010

Update

So it's been a while since I was able to post on here. I hope to remedy that situation soon, but in the meantime here is a brief update about what has been going on here.

1) I have had some mild anxiety. It seems to be a reimnent leftover from the melanoma experience. It seems to happen when I have too much caffeine or am not getting enough sleep or am not spending enough quiet time at home. In other words....self-inflicted torture from not taking care of myself. It seems to be much better now.

2) I have been cleaning out closets like a maniac trying to find ways to utilize the space we have best. I am making excellent progress, but I still have a long ways to go. Maybe I can finish that and painting the doors in the back hall by Christmas....maybe....

3) I started consulting with the school I was consulting with last year. It is a really neat school with a great teacher, and I am really enjoying myself. However, we do have a lot of work to do!!

4) I worked at the school today and managed to get myself dehydrated. Felt pretty darn awful tonight, but I seem to be doing much better now!

5) Carseat Swaddling Blanket = Stroke of Genius!!!!!!!!

6) Jessica went to her 10th birthday party Saturday and is apparently invited to her 11th on Saturday! Need to make/get a gift...

7) My parents are coming to visit Thursday night!!!!! Well, actually they aren't coming to visit us exactly....they are coming for a brief summer vacation before school starts back, and they decided to stay close to us so they could also see us!! They are also bringing one of my brothers and one of my sisters!!!!! They won't get to stay long though and will be leaving Saturday night.

8) BUT....we are going to see family for Labor Day!!!!!! We have seen very little family in the past year (pretty much just our parents and a few siblings....although I got to see David's grandmothers he has not).

9) John is a very different child from Jessica. He loves to talk and be talked to. He screams when he is tired not when he is hungry. He is much bigger than Jessica at this age!! He is iffy on whether or not he likes the car....as long as he is swaddled and you are moving it is fine. Red lights are evil! They do both love to be swaddled.

10) Assuming Jessica does not assert an opinion between now and then, I have chosen a theme for her birthday party!!!!! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!!!!!! I think it will be adorable!!!!!!! It might throw a few of the little girls that will be invited for a loop, but that's ok. They all seem to like Jessica just fine even if they prefer different kinds of toys. (I did consider a tool party, but I came up with too many fun ideas for a turtles party. Also, since this is probably the last party she will have without expressing an opinion about what she would like, we will do what I want to do!)

Bonus: Guess what my mom found in the attic this week????? My Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sewer!!!!!!!!! (with figures) We will be picking it up when we visit family for Labor Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment