Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Me and My Car

This is my car. I have had it since I was 17 years old. While I was in college, I once took a weekend trip with three friends and all of our stuff in this car. Together me and my car have traveled almost all of Interstate 40 (except for a little bit of California and North Carolina).

David took this picture of my car when we were in Nevada.

Today, my car routinely has 2 car seats in the backseat. In the very near future, I will be packing up my car for our first family road trip since we got pregnant with John. Packing up the family and all of our gear into our little Firebird is always a bit of an extravaganza. However, there are some benefits: 1) It's paid for! 2) I can reach every person in my car from any seat! and 3) The Firebird gets close to 30 miles per gallon on the highway. Stay tuned to hear how we take 2 children on a 9 hour (one way) car trip in a Firebird! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment