Monday, April 20, 2009

Making a House a Home


One of the most exciting parts about moving into a new house is that you have a large canvas on which to express yourself. You don't have to spend a lot of money, just some time and creativity! The first thing I think about when we move is 1) How can I group our furniture and 2) Which room should which group of furniture go in to best serve my purposes. From there I can go from room to room deciding which belongings belong in which room. The last (and probably the longest step) is going through each room deciding what I can add to each room to make it look like a home. In the next week or two I plan to write a second post on Making a House a Home complete with pictures of my daughter's room. Whether it is a can of paint, a border, a couple posters, a frame , a curtain, etc, a little bit of money and a lot of tender loving care can go along way to making your house appear like a home, but the only thing that can truly make a house a home is the people who live in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment